The bountiful update has been sewn together nicely by Mojang and we've been presented with a pre-release for testing! Here is a small roundup of what we have as part of 1.8!
First of all we have an enormous pile of new blocks to play with!
- Andesite, Granite and Diorite with a polished version of both
- Bouncy Slime Blocks
- Prismarine, Dark Prismarine, Prismarine Brick and Sea Lanterns
- Red Sandstone, Smooth and Chiseled Red Sandstone, Stairs and Slabs
- Sponge Blocks
- Coarse Dirt
- Chiseled and Mossy Stone Brick, and Mossy Cobblestone crafting recipes.
- Barrier Blocks
We were treated to a new generated structure for our 1.8 worlds, as well as several new mobs and drops.
- Ocean Monument / Underwater Temple made up of the new prismarine blocks and sea lanterns and inhabited by two varieties of the Temple Guardian mobs. These drop shards to create the brick types, lanterns, and sponge blocks.
- Endermen now have a chance to spawn Endermites when teleporting.
- Rabbits were added to the game and they drop rabbit hide, raw rabbit and rabbit's foot. This has allowed the addition of Cooked Rabbit and Rabbit Stew cooking recipes, crafting of leather with hides and the brewing of Potions of Leaping.
- Sheep now drop mutton for yet another animal food source!
Other new items added to our arsenal of goodies for our 1.8 update include
- The Iron Trapdoor
- Buttons may now be placed on all surfaces of a block.
- Armor Stands.
- Customizable banners.
- Doors, fences and fence gates now have a unique texture/color for each wood type used to craft them.
We had a massive shake up of the enchanting system, with lapis added as currency and levels required for renaming items have changed. Villager trading has changed dramatically changed with the addition of new villager types and the splitting of item trades off into their different villager types. Villager breeding has changed and farmers will now harvest and replant wheat crops. Player skins also got a makeover with two layers that may be toggled on and off in game, as well as individual skins for each leg and arm.
Mojang have introduced Spectator mode - game mode 3, a fully customizable world generation tool, a modifiable world border function and many WorldEdit style commands for the modification of world terrain. Adventure map makers were treated to a pile of new commands for command blocks, and a big scoreboard update.
For the full list of changed please feel free to visit the official Mojang website article here. You may also report any bugs directly to Mojang if you are playing on the pre-released version of the game!
Enjoy this article? Feel free to visit and register on our forums at forum.crafthub.net and say hello! You may also follow us on Facebook or Twitter for more news articles and Minecraft related information. If there is an article you'd like to see or if you'd like to write for CraftHub, send your ideas or questions to [email protected].
Pantzz is a CraftHub author and sub-moderator. You can find him on Twitter at @PantzCo