Today, a new update for Minecraft was released! The update was mainly focused on content, but also contains various bugfixes.
Via The Word of Notch:
* Note blocks (right click to tune, trigger to play)
* 15 wool dyes
* A new water dwelling mob
* New tree types
* Reeds magically turned into sugar canes. They still make paper.
* A bunch of new crafting recipes
* One secret useful block
* One secret pretty block
* AND MOAR, probably. I forget!
* Paintings work in multiplayer
* Disconnecting while riding no longer keeps the player in the world
* A bunch more state is properly synched in multiplayer
* Fixed colors going weird on PowerPC
* Fixed a horrible chunk reload loop in singleplayer
* Fixed most lighting bugs in newly generated SMP maps
* Falling sand behaves better in SMP
* Fixed a few crash on load level bugs
If you would like a more detailed list of updated features, please check out this page on the Minecraft wiki.For all of you readers, we would like to know what you liked and what you didn't like in this update, simply post a comment below!