The Forest Edition; just don't bring Fire.

The Forest Edition; just don't bring Fire.

Naturally, Minecraft is set on a forest-like place. But with thereleaseof biomes, people seem to change their buildings. Still, this post will show you two clear signs people haven't given up building the forest. I mean, thank god flint and steel are around't these places. If it were, Smokey the Bear would be working hard that night. Still, I can't think of any better reason to build in the forest. You've only got fire to really worry about, then again, where can't you find a forest in Minecraft? Not to mention those pesky mobs at night. Ah, enough -- I've been rambling for too long.

Laughingman decides to build a massive tree he calls The Leafy Fortress. Not to the size of Brodrassil, but it's stillrespectable.

Laughingman says:

Introducing the Leafy Fortress:
Spent a good couple of weeks collecting resources, constructing the trunk and inside, and finally planting the sapplings and pruning leaves into shape. The only spawned material was water for the surrounding moat as the multiplayer server I'm on doesn't have working buckets.

Front View:

Zoomed Out:
Image

Looking up from the base:
Image

Monster Proofing for halloween patch(one walkway in with a monster drowning trap and a moat with steep, unclimbable, banks):

Entrance / Information Desk:

1 of 3 trunk knot lookout points spread out as you ascend the tree:
Image

Next, Dante80, decides to make the forest his home and builds a really nice base. It is the Prypiat and the Eragon tree from the serverAge of Mining. I mean, he really goes all out. I wouldn't be suprised if he keeps adding more.

(edit: This piece has now been updated with the correct information)

Age Of Mining :P

Image

Next up, Albireo decides to create the "mightiest tree" in all of the Forests. Take a look:

Albireo says:

Behold, the mightest tree in the forest! (No herrings within a 250 block radius, please.)

Image

This is the World Tree. I've been growing it the past couple days. Planting trees on trees is fun.

Closeup shot

Image

Picture from the back. I think I may trim that branch jutting out into the sky.

Image

It's completely hollow inside, I'm not sure if I'll be making into a house or anything like that.
(Ignore the blanked out painting there...)

Image
Here's a distant shot from my house.
I plan to expand the surrounding forest more. Right now it's rather small.

There's a legend about this tree. It is said that if those with unrequited love confess under the shade of the World Tree, that love will come true.

The tree also glows brightly every twenty-two years.

I had fun making this. Though, I now understand why mom always told me never to play in trees. Falling hurts!

Now, we've got Sirel, that shows us a pure form of beauty on a forest. It's forestgeneration at it's finest.

Sirel says:

I was exploring my world to find suitable locations for more villages for my massive project...

I found this:

Image

Who said biomes were small? :V By the way, that screen is taken from the center of the forest. It's massive. D:

and tore-toastwith Sirel, Vaugher, has too, found himself a slice of heaven in the dense forest of Minecraft.

Vaugher says:

A neat land formation coming out of a forest.

Image

and now we turn our heads to CMKMStephens. He's created a really massive tree and, from a distance, looks great.

CMKMStephens says:

Could still do with a bit of hedge clipping, not that I can be bothered at the moment. It's not as elegant as the precedent.

Top Floor (there's still about 3 blocks of air/leaves/tree up above though

Real Top Floor
Image

and lastly, we can't leave you guys hanging without thelegendarytree made by opcy. Some of you have seen it while others have not. In any case, enjoy.

opcy says:

Ohh, another giant tree, nice work there CMKMStephens! Now, makig a big, big forest with a couple of trees that size, all connected with hanging bridges, and hosting an entire city... I'd like that, though I doubt I'd manage alone due to insane ammount of wood needed for even one of those.
Obligatory picture, building houses in progress:

Short url : http://crafthub.net/blog/SU/